Learn about Truck Accidents from Our Truck Accident Lawyers
Is your injury the result of a truck accident? Learn how to get compensation for your injuries from our truck accident lawyer in Halifax.
Most Common Causes of Truck Accidents
- Truck driver mistakes caused by fatigue, distracted driving, speeding, and other reckless behavior behind the wheel;
- Vehicle issues such as improper maintenance, tire and brake problems, unsecured loads, and overweight trailers that cause road hazards; and
- Environmental issues like solid winds, rain, snow, or ice cause adverse road conditions leading to trucks hydroplaning or slipping out of control.
Most Common Types of Truck Accident Injuries
Truck crashes can cause life-threatening and catastrophic injuries. Common semi-truck accident injuries include:
- Head and brain injuries that affect your cognitive function
- Neck or spinal injuries that affect your mobility
- Concussions or other contusions
- Broken bones or amputations
- Internal bleeding or punctured lungs
- Whiplash, road rash, or airbag rash
- Chemical burns from hazardous materials
Who Is Liable for a Truck Accident?
In truck accidents cases, several parties may be held liable for injuries, including, but not limited to, the following:
- The truck’s operator.
- The truck’s owner.
- The individual or business leased the truck or trailer from its owner.
- The manufacturer of the vehicle, tires, or other components that contributed to the cause or severity of the accident.
- In cases involving improper loading, the shipper or loader of the truck’s cargo.
- The employer or organization of the truck driver
How to Prove Fault in a Truck Accident?
You are aware that you bear no responsibility for the accident. However, you will need to provide evidence of this in your insurance claim or court. In cases of personal injury involving vehicle accidents, four fundamental components constitute negligence.
The following must be demonstrated by a person hurt in a truck accident:
- Responsibility of care was owed to you by the truck driver to operate the vehicle prudently and securely.
- That responsibility for maintenance had been disregarded or ignored by the truck driver.
- Because of this breach of care, either you or a loved one sustained injuries.
- Because of those injuries, either you or someone you care about sustained harm and financial loss.
Halifax Truck Accident and Injury Attorneys You Can Trust
When you trust our truck lawyers, expect that we will:
- Immediately begin conducting a comprehensive investigation into your situation.
- Conduct interviews with eyewitnesses, read accident reports and collect all evidence to bolster your claim.
- Appoint the most competent truck accident lawyer possible.
- Determine the correct price for your item.
- Defend you if the insurance company suggests that you were at fault for the accident,
- Engage in discussion with the insurance company
Your future is too precious to trust just any lawyer. Get in touch with our qualified and experienced lawyers to learn more about our legal services today.
Truck accident cases can be complicated; therefore, getting our truck accident attorneys is one of the things that you must prioritize to defend yourself. Over the years, we’ve assisted countless clients in getting proper financial settlements at Halifax & Nova Scotia Personal Injury Lawyers.
Why You Need Our Truck Accident Lawyer
Hiring our truck accident and injury attorneys is the best way to maximize your compensation after an incident. Below are a few reasons why:
Resources. Our truck lawyers have the resources necessary to help your case, regardless of whether it reaches trial. It includes internal investigations and hiring witnesses if necessary.
Negotiation. It doesn’t matter if the other party in the talks is an insurance company or another lawyer. Please do not allow them to take advantage of you by offering you a settlement for a sum lower than your case’s value.
Knowledgeable. Our experienced lawyer can level the playing field for you. Insurance companies are known for minimizing the value of their client’s claims. In these situations, you need someone whose tactics won’t sway.
Reach out to us. We provide a free consultation and look forward to meeting you.
Need a Truck Accident Lawyer in Halifax? Get Us Now!
See how our truck accident lawyers can help you today by calling (782) 830-5834.
A truck accident lawyer in Halifax knows how tough it can be to cope with a severe injury’s physical and psychological impact. Although no compensation can undo the trauma you have experienced, you may be able to avoid debt and regain your financial footing by filing a personal injury claim.
During your free consultation, our lawyers will assess your case and help you determine the most strategic way to proceed. We are passionate about helping victims of personal injury pursue justice and compensation from those who have harmed them.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
You will need proof that one of the parties involved broke the law, which caused the accident and showed negligence. For instance, you could show that the truck driver ran a red light or that the truck company hired an unqualified driver to establish who was at fault for the accident.
An injury lawyer who represents clients in cases involving truck accidents. They represent truck accident victims injured by negligent actions during a truck accident.